Your Ad Here

Tuesday 11 December 2007

My HOBBIES #1 : Nature’s MOST PRECIOUS Plant

WHEN was the last time you woke up and felt like doing something different for a change? With our HECTIC and STRESSFULL life nowadays, make most of us feels like we don’t have extra time or FREE time to spend on our PASSION or HOBBIES. How many of you have at least a hobby???....well, me?? plenty !!! hehehehh.....

In this POST, I’m going to share with you one my hobbies during my “free time” (at least I hope I got some…hahahah) which is; growing a BONSAI. Known as the JEWEL OF THE FOREST, the words “bon” and “sai” refer to “tray” and “planting” in Japanese, but BONSAIS are different from all the other trees and shrubs in your garden simply because it is deeply rooted in ancient history.

Also known as “Penjing” in Chinese, BONSAI involves the aesthetic art of “miniaturizing” trees by growing them in pots. Long appreciated for its meditative qualities, the refined art of BONSAI allows one to channel their creativity into crafting this “Masterpiece”, through dedicated learning, planning and thought. Many have found that caring for their BONSAIS significantly removed the STRESS of the outside world. And as for me, watching them grow not just gives me a peaceful mind but the feeling is much like you are in LOVE (love???...again???...hahahh…what a guy).

People around me might say that I’m a GOOF, but “talking” to BONSAIS is not uncommon among fellow enthusiasts (don’t you ever talk to your teddy bear or your car?...heheheh). I even sometimes sleep with my BONSAIS just to make sure it’s growing rate. Errrrr…..did I said sleep???  :p

In the world of BONSAIS, creativity is boundless. The cultivation of BONSAIS requires the cultivation of patience. Trees grow slow and we have to wait. In the process of creating the tree we like to look at, we gradually develop a very patient character. We may even develop a GREATER PEACE OF MIND. For me, there is a great point of difference between the art of painting a picture as compared to the art of creating a BONSAI. A drown picture once completed cannot have changes made to it. On the other hand, what you see in a BONSAI creation can change, for better or worse, simply because its alive. This is what I called a FOURTH DIMENSION.

In my next POSTING, I will share with you some TIPS and SECRET of ‘BONSAI’ing. So, keep on reading, and may you will find some ways from this POST to release you from STRESS. Till then……HAPPY BONSAING…opppsss….BLOGGING!!!  :D

5 comments:

Shai Arif said...

Maman... bela bonsai???? Aku salah orang kot.... atau pun memang ni maman???? Oh pleeeeaaasssseeee....

mAmAn said...

hahahahhh....betullll kak shaiiii....meh datang tengok...banyak yang mati dari yang hidup....hehehehh

Anonymous said...

owhhh bonsaing???? i think i'll stick to blogging laaaa......heheheheh....

mAmAn said...

it's ok azra....i'll give you a bonsai when I've got xtra one.... :)

Anonymous said...

hehehehe thats nice of you.....;D

Changing LINKS